All players that cash at EPT Main Events or side events with buy-ins of €/$/£1,000 or above are awarded points for their finishing position according to the table below. These points are not depending on value of buy-in but they vary according to the number of entrants on each event.
Events need to have at least 24 entrants to be eligible for the EPT Awards.
|total number of players*||Side Event points**||Main Event points|
|remaining cash finishers||-||-||50||60||80||100||120|
*Points are only awarded to players who finish in the money.
** Super-Satellites and 500 Rebuy events are not eligible for the EPT Awards points.
- EPT Player of the Year - The EPT Player of the Year is determined by a statistical result based on the EPT points’ tables shown above. The winner is the player that earned most points from any Main Event and side event a $1k or higher buy-in
- EPT Omaha Player of the Year – The winner of this award shall be determined by the total points earned in PLO tournaments only.
- EPT Mixed Games Player of the Year – The winner of this award shall be determined by the total points earned in Mixed Games tournaments only.
- EPT Heads-Up Player of the Year - The winner of this award shall be determined by the total points earned in Heads-Up tournaments only.
- EPT Players’ Choice of the Year – All EPT players will be able to vote on their favourite player from a shortlist provided in the voting form.
- EPT Achievement of the Year – All EPT Media will be able to vote on their favourite player from a shortlist provided in the voting form.
- EPT Best Online Qualifier - The Online Qualifier of the Year is comprised of two connected ranking systems (live and online). To be eligible for this award, a player needs to have earned points in both rankings: Online (100 points for each time they qualify online for an EPT Main Event. Multiple seats are not eligible) and Live (points earned by PokerStars Qualifiers at EPT Main Events will be added to this ranking). The total of both rankings is then added and the player with most points overall is considered the Best Online Qualifier.
- EPT Best Country* - The Best EPT Country is decided according to the following formula: Number of players registered per country divided by the number of players cashing per country. This gives us a coefficient of cash efficiency and the country with the highest percentage of entrants/cashes wins the title. Example: 100 Irish players register for EPT Main Events and 15 players cash. This gives Ireland a 15% cash efficiency.
- * Best Country points only awarded in EPT Main Events. A minimum of 16 Main Event cashes is required for the country to be eligible for this award.
Each individual Award winner will be invited to play in the opening event of the next EPT Season and will receive an EPT Awards trophy.
All players that registered for EPT Main Events in the season their country won the Best EPT Country award are invited to play a live €10k freeroll at the EPT stop closest to their country in Season 10 of the European Poker Tour.