Rules And Regulations
These Rules and Regulations were last updated on February 27, 2015. Please be advised that this translated version of the Rules may not be the most up-to-date version.
Please note that this Agreement constitutes a legally binding agreement between you and Global Poker Tours Ltd (“we” or “PSLive”), a company within the PokerStars Group. “PokerStars Group” shall mean any company within the PokerStars group including its subsidiaries and affiliates. This Agreement along with the terms and conditions for the Event which can be found at http://www.europeanpokertour.com/about/rules/ constitutes the entire understanding between PSLive, the PokerStars Group, and you, and supersedes any prior agreements between PSLive, the PokerStars Group, and you, in connection with the subject matter hereof. You hereby represent that you have not relied on any representation or assurances, whether written or oral made by PSLive or the PokerStars Group other than those expressly set forth in this Agreement. You agree that PSLive and the PokerStars Group will have the right to freely assign their rights, licenses and/or obligations, in whole or in part, under this Agreement to any party without notice to you.
You specifically acknowledge and agree that each Tournament and/or cash game may be photographed, televised, webcast or otherwise broadcast live or with a delay, and that PSLive or PokerStars Group (if the Tournament is organised and operated by a company within the PokerStars Group) and/or the Tournament’s director shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to sequester players in any play in the Tournament to ensure that the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and players etiquette are kept at any time during such Tournament.
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to be sponsored (either directly or indirectly) into any Event by a third party that is an Unauthorised Operator (as defined below) nor are you entitled to wear the branded logos of any Unauthorised Operator. If PSLive determines, in its sole discretion, that you have been sponsored into an Event by an Unauthorised Operator and/or you are wearing a branded logo or logos of an Unauthorised Operator it is entitled to require (including by instructing the venue and/or the Tournament director at an Event to give effect to its determination) that you immediately remove the branded logos and/or to disqualify you from the Event. You waive any claims you may otherwise have against PSLive in this regard.
An "Unauthorised Operator" shall mean a third party (including, but not limited to online poker operators and offline casinos and poker rooms) which conducts tournaments which offer as a prize a free buy-in to, or registers players to, or promote packages for, an Event without obtaining the requisite licence in the form provided by PSLive or, if such third party is a holder of such licence, is not in full compliance with the terms of such licence. For more information go to: http://www.europeanpokertour.com/about/licence/.
- Players will be required to register in order to enter a Tournament. PSLive will, acting in its sole discretion, enable players to register either with the venue where the Event is being held or via the PSLive System (or both). At Events where we use the PSLive System, you will receive a PSLive Card when you register for the first time. If a signature is not captured but you participate in the Event, this will be considered acceptance of the terms of this Agreement and you hereby agree to abide by them.
- Where the PSLive System is utilised you will need to provide PSLive with certain personal details about yourself for the purpose of registering with the PSLive System. You acknowledge and accept that your personal information is correct and shall be stored by us and used on the PSLive System and may be processed by us, our affiliates, our agents and third parties providing services to us, in jurisdictions outside of the Isle of Man and the European Economic Area or the jurisdiction in which the Event is conducted. Your personal information may be used by us for any of the following purposes:
- to identify you upon arrival at a Tournament;
- to display data relating to the results of Tournaments, online and on leaderboards;
- to send you events and news information regarding live events or other marketing materials regarding our services or services of our affiliates;
- to communicate with you regarding payment of prizes;
- for internal administrative purposes; and
- for the performance of commercial agreements with third parties to whom the rights to the contribution as subsequently defined can be transferred or licensed.
- You hereby consent that we and/or our affiliates will process your personal information and use such personal information for the purposes outlined above and we in turn will comply with the terms of the Isle of Man’s Data Protection Act 2002 in relation to our use of your personal information. You also expressly agree that we may share your personal information with our affiliates for the purposes outlined above. We and other members of the PokerStars Group may occasionally send you events and news information or information regarding new services and to provide you with customer support services. If you do not wish to receive our newsletters, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter. If you do not wish to receive any other marketing materials, please email us at email@example.com to be removed from the marketing list.
- At Events where the PSLive System is being used:
- You will require your PSLive card in order to register in a Tournament, unless you are registering for the first time in which case you will receive a PSLive Card upon registration.
- If you win a prize in a Tournament, you will be asked for your PSLive Card which will be swiped so that the appropriate prize can be allocated to you on the PSLive System. You will be issued with a receipt indicating your ranking in the Tournament and the amount of the prize won by you.
- The PSLive Card is issued by and shall remain the property of PSLive which may, at any time, restrict or terminate its use or the use of the PSLive System or alter or amend the conditions of their use. Furthermore, PSLive may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel the PSLive Card if at any time it reasonably believes that you:
- have abused or attempted to abuse the use of the PSLive Card; and/or
- have breached or attempted to breach any term or condition relating to the use of the PSLive Card as notified to you by PSLive or any of its affiliates; and/or
have engaged in any abusive, offensive, disreputable or violent behaviour or supplied false or misleading information either in relation to your acceptance, receipt or use of the PSLive Card.
- PSLive, its affiliates, and their licensors, are the sole holders of all rights in the PSLive System, including copyright, trade secrets, intellectual property and other rights. The term "PSLive" and the domain names “pslive.com” are the trademarks, service marks, signs, trade names and/or domain names of PSLive and/or its group companies and/or its licensors, and these entities reserve all rights to such trademarks.
- The PSLive Card (together with all information contained therein) is not transferable, cannot be copied and may only be used by you for the purposes expressly permitted by PSLive.
- PSLive and its affiliates disclaim any and all warranties, expressed or implied, in connection with the PSLive System which are provided to you "AS IS". PSLive and its affiliates provide you with no warranty or representation whatsoever regarding its quality, fitness for purpose, completeness or accuracy. PSLive and its affiliates reserve the right to suspend, discontinue, modify, remove or add to any of the PSLive System in their absolute discretion with immediate effect and without an obligation to provide you with notice.
- The use and safekeeping of the PSLive Card (including any passwords or other security measures relating to the same) remains your responsibility once it has been registered and allocated to you. PSLive and affiliates will not be held liable for any loss arising from your failure to safeguard the PSLive Card.
- No player will be permitted to wear at any Event any logo or branding of any gaming operator which is not permitted to legally advertise according to local laws.
- Players will be allowed to wear approved gaming operator logos/branding on their shirts provided that the following restrictions are accepted and implemented:
- One breast pocket logo no larger than 70cm squared
- One upper shirt sleeve logo no larger than 40cm squared
- No logos or branding on any part of the player's clothing or body will be permitted during an Event other than logos or branding which comply with the provisions of clauses 11 and 12 above.
- In jurisdictions where local regulations apply governing the display of logos and branding on players (including but not limited to symbols, trademarks and websites), all players agree to be subject to and comply fully with said regulations.
- Players will be allowed to wear more than one logo at an Event as long as all logos are either headline sponsor logos (“PokerStars”) or belong to any one of its affiliated group companies (e.g. “Full Tilt Poker”).
- You agree to abide by the rules of any promotional event organised at the Event by PSLive or an entity within the PokerStars Group including any requirements to wear a specific logo(s) throughout such promotional event.
- Players who are sponsored on a full-time basis by a legitimate third party online gaming site (a “Sponsored Player”) must ensure that the logo and branding of their sponsor is worn at the beginning (as defined below) of any Tournament in accordance with the above clauses 11 - 17 and such Sponsored Players must [seek approval from PS Live/notify PSLive] prior to the beginning of the Tournament. Any Sponsored Player who does not wear their sponsor’s logo and branding from the beginning of a Tournament and then tries to subsequently wear the logo in a later stage of any Tournament will need to provide written proof of their sponsored affiliation prior to such player being permitted to wear the logo and branding in question. For the avoidance of doubt the “beginning” of a Tournament shall be defined as the moment all players are first dealt their hole cards ("shuffle up and deal") on the first day of said Tournament.
- All players who choose to wear the branded logo of an approved gaming operator during the Tournament must abide by clause 17 above.
- No more than 10% of the overall entry field at any Tournament can wear the branding/logos of any single company with the exception of PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker. If more than 10% of the players in any Tournament are wearing the branding/logos of any single company other than PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker, then the players themselves or a PSLive company representative must decide which players will continue to wear the branded clothing. If no decision is made, then PSLive will high card the players to make a decision.
- PSLive reserves the right to televise, webcast or record any part of any Event at any time. Players may be asked to sit at a poker table which has been created for the purpose of televising or webcasting the Event (herein referred to as a “TV Table”).
- No more than 2 players on the TV Table of a Tournament can wear the logo(s) of any single company with the exception of PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker. If more than 2 players from any single company are at the TV Table then the players themselves or a PSLive company representative must decide which 2 players will continue to wear the branded clothing during the Event in question. If no decision is made, then PSLive will high card the players to make a decision. Any player starting the final table wearing no logos must remain as such throughout the Tournament.
- PSLive and the Tournament director will have absolute discretion to approve the clothing and apparel worn by the players during the Event. They will also have the right to remove any logo(s), image(s) or word(s) on the players' clothing and apparel, which in the opinion of PSLive or the Tournament Director contravenes the requirements of the commissioning broadcaster, PSLive or any regulatory body.
- Players will be allowed to wear logos/branding on their shirts and apparel at the TV Table (which are not approved gaming operator branding/logos which are governed by clause 12 above) provided that they comply with the logo restrictions described above and abide by the following additional restrictions:
- One breast pocket logo no larger than 4cm x 5cm;
- One upper shirt sleeve logo no larger than 4cm x 5cm;
- Baseball caps and card protectors with logos will be allowed only if the logos on such apparel and/or items are not visible.
- No forms of company names and/or brand logo(s) other than those in accordance with clause 23 above are permitted on the TV Tables and during any form of filming including, but not limited to, sports and fashion brands. Any player wearing clothing or in possession of items (e.g. card protectors) in violation of this rule will not be able to participate at a TV Table until said article of clothing and/or item is replaced and/or removed. PSLive reserves the right to remove or alter player sponsor logos at their sole discretion if said logos do not comply with local regulations or broadcast standards.
- You irrevocably grant to PSLive and to the companies within the PokerStars Group all rights, consents and licenses necessary to enable PSLive, the companies within the PokerStars Group, and their assignees to make the fullest use (including, without limitation, to reproduce, distribute, amend, alter, publicly display, transmit on TV, via Internet and through any other means of communication and make derivative works thereof) of your photograph, likeness, appearance, image, voice, name, film footage and sound recordings that feature you, as photographed, recorded, or broadcasted by or on behalf of PSLive or the companies within the PokerStars Group or their assignees (the "Contribution") throughout the universe in perpetuity and royalty-free by any and all means in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter developed or devised, in any programme for which your Contribution has been recorded and any other programmes and any other content including, without limitation, in relation to the streaming of our coverage of a Tournament on the Internet, the production and distribution of videoblogs of a Tournament on the Internet and the production and release of promos of, or other marketing materials related to, a Tournament, or poker tournaments or online poker websites associated with the PokerStars brand. You agree to the photography, recording, broadcasting and/or live relay of the Contribution.
- You hereby release PSLive, its affiliates, and their permitted designees from and against any claim, damage, liability, cost and expense arising from any violation of any right to privacy, publicity or personality that you have, or infringement of any copyright or other proprietary right that you own or hold, based upon or related to any use of the Contribution under the licenses and rights granted herein. The foregoing release shall be binding upon you and your heirs, assigns and legal representatives.
- You acknowledge and agree that PSLive or its affiliate (if the Tournament is organised and operated by such affiliate) solely owns all right, title and interest, including, without limitation, all copyrights and other intellectual property rights, in and to the Contribution and any derivative works thereof. To the extent ownership of the Contribution does not automatically vest in PSLive or such affiliate, you hereby grant and assign to PSLive and such affiliate all right, title and interest in and to the Contribution and agree to execute all documents reasonably requested by PSLive or such affiliate to effectuate the foregoing.
- In recognition of the needs of film, webcast, and television production, PSLive and its affiliates shall be entitled to edit, copy, add to, take from, adapt or translate the Contribution in its sole discretion, and in respect of the Contribution, you irrevocably waive the benefits of and agree not to assert any provision of law known as “moral rights” or any similar laws of any jurisdiction. You agree that PSLive and its affiliates are under no obligation to broadcast, exhibit and/or otherwise exercise any of the rights and licenses granted herein.
- You represent and warrant to us that (a) you are fully entitled to grant the rights and licenses granted to us and our affiliates hereunder, (b) nothing in the Contribution (whether by way of inflection or gesture or otherwise) will infringe the copyright or any other right of any person, breach any contract or duty of confidence, constitute a contempt of court, be defamatory or be calculated to bring PSLive, other companies within the PokerStars Group, any broadcaster, and/or the PokerStars brand into disrepute and (c) all facts expressed by you in the Contribution are, to the best of your knowledge and belief, true and insofar as the Contribution contains any opinions, these opinions are your own and are genuinely and truly held by you.
- You agree to indemnify PSLive, the companies within the PokerStars Group, their assignees and any broadcaster against all and any costs, claims, expenses and liabilities (including without limitation, legal fees and any sums paid on the advice of counsel) resulting from breach by you (or anyone acting under your authority) of any of the representations, warranties and/or undertakings on your part contained in this Agreement.
- Furthermore, all consents under the UK Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988, or under similar legislation in other countries of the world in connection with the player's performance in any Event, and the exploitation of the player's performance at any Event by any means and in all media including (but not by way of limitation) all forms of theatrical exhibition, television broadcast, internet, and video gram exploitation are hereby granted and assigned by the player to PSLive and the companies within the PokerStars Group.
- You agree to carry out any reasonable request by PSLive during any Event in which you participate to assist in publicising, televising, webcasting or promoting the Event.
- You agree to disclose your hole cards during any Tournament in whichever manner is being utilized by the production at the featured table. This disclosure will take place at the direction of the Production or Tournament Staff, but for the purpose of this rule, unless otherwise noted, this is assumed to be the beginning of each hand when it is your turn to act. Any refusal to do so could lead to penalties under the PSLive Tournament Poker Rules, up to and including disqualification from the Event with no prize money being awarded and no refunds given.
- Players must make themselves available to attend press conferences and/or television interviews at any reasonable time during any Event if requested by PSLive or the Tournament director.
- PSLive reserves the right to add or amend any Tournament or Event rules, as they deem appropriate. This will be done for the benefit of the game and all players will be informed of such changes as and when they occur.
- You acknowledge and agree that any player who plays at a TV Table during any Tournament may be required to surrender any and all electronic devices including headphones (whether they have a messaging or communication capability or not) to an appointed Tournament representative prior to taking their seat before play begins. In the event of such requirement, any player found in violation of this rule will be immediately disqualified from the Tournament and all such player’s monies accrued up to the time of disqualification, and such player's Main Tournament buy-in, will be forfeited subject to the discretion of the Tournament's director.
- During all broadcasts you acknowledge and agree that players at TV Tables are not allowed to communicate with, approach, or in any way make contact with any person, including, without limitation, any audience members and appointed TV production and webcast representatives, unless such communication is related to technical issues with the filming, throughout the duration of the TV Table, and that any player found in violation of this rule will be subject to penalties, including, without limitation, the penalties described in clause 36 above.
- During all broadcasts you acknowledge and agree that, if so requested by PSLive or an affiliate (if the Tournament is organised and operated by such affiliate), all players must remain within pre-designated locations whilst on all breaks in play throughout the duration of the TV Table, and that in such event, the players will not be allowed to leave these locations, at any point, without being accompanied by an appointed Tournament representative. You further acknowledge and agree that players might be required to show their hole cards to the hole card cameras on the TV Table on each hand they are dealt, unless the player has declared that they are playing the hand ‘blind’. PSLive, or the affiliate, shall have the right to halt play, within reason, on the TV Table until all hole cards are displayed by all players in play.
- You acknowledge and agree that PSLive, an affiliate (if the Tournament is organised and operated by such affiliate), or any of their appointed representatives, shall have the right to stop or delay play on the TV Table at any time, and that players are required to grant PSLive or such affiliate the right to add cancel or amend breaks in play as and when reasonably required. You further acknowledge and agree that profanity is not permitted at the TV Table any time during the Event, including, without limitation, verbal expressions, gestures or any other known form of anti-social behaviour, and that any player violating the foregoing rule will be subject to penalties as set forth in the Tournament Rules.
- You acknowledge and agree that players at the final table of the Tournament are only permitted to discuss any form of settlement deal or redistribution of any remaining prize pool whilst seated at the table, and that an appointed Tournament representative must be present during any discussions and subsequent decisions related to prize pool redistribution will be made public.
- There may be payout restrictions that apply to certain Events. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- PSLive reserves the right to cancel or alter any Event or Tournament at its sole and absolute discretion.
- You agree to abide by the PS Live Tournament Poker Rules. In certain circumstances these rules can be superseded by house rules or local gaming regulations. A copy of the current rules are available to all players at the Event and on the Event’s website, http://www.europeanpokertour.com/poker/rules/. Any changes to the rules will be posted on the Event website and announced to the players during the Event.
- Management reserves the right to refuse any person entry into any and all Tournaments as well as the Tournament and Event area(s). Individuals who are excluded by the Tournament sponsor, partner or venue are not eligible for entry into any Tournaments or Events area(s).
- Employees of PSLive and any companies within the PokerStars Group or any person or entity (including the corporate affiliates of such entity) which provide services in respect of the Event and Immediate Family (as defined below) members of such employees are not eligible to play in any Events, unless approved in advance by PSLive. “Immediate Family” is defined as: spouse, children and any relative of an employee or other person residing in the employee's place of residence.
- Prizes and entries are non-transferable. Winners are responsible for payment of any and all taxes, licenses, registrations and other fees associated with Tournament prizes. If prizes are being paid through wire transfer, players will be required to provide identification documentation to comply with international anti-money laundering regulations.
- If you are disqualified from a Tournament, you shall forfeit your entire buy-in and shall not be entitled to any Tournament prize monies or any other prize consideration that you may have qualified for at the point of disqualification.
- Force Majeure. PSLive shall not be liable for any delay or failure in performing its obligations to you under this Agreement or elsewhere including (but not limited to) any obligation to offer a guaranteed prize pool, in the event of acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond the reasonable control of PSLive including (but not limited to) acts of God, fire, explosion, accidental damage, flood, earthquake, adverse weather conditions or other natural disaster, war, threat of or preparation for war, terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots and voluntary or mandatory compliance with any law (including a failure to grant any licence or consent needed or any change in the law or interpretation of the law).
- We reserve the right to change this Agreement at any time; therefore, you should review the most updated version each time prior to your participation in any Tournament.
- The terms of this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Isle of Man. You agree that any dispute concerning or arising out of this Agreement will be decided by the Isle of Man courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit the right of PSLive and its affiliates to take proceedings against you in any other court of competent jurisdiction, nor shall the taking of proceedings in any one or more jurisdictions preclude the taking of proceedings in any other jurisdictions, whether concurrently or not, to the extent permitted by the law of such other jurisdiction.
- No player participating in any event shall be permitted to show, display or communicate in any way, any message or content which, in PSLive’s sole discretion is, or could be construed to be political in nature (or supportive of any political cause or action), racist, obscene, derogatory, threatening in nature, a form of harassment, libelous, fraudulent, invasive of another person’s privacy, offensive, defamatory of another person, or otherwise promote, advertise or condone anything illegal or unlawful, victimises, degrades, harasses or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of any classification, including, without limitation, religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, colour, creed, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, military status or disability, constitutes, or would otherwise encourage, criminal conduct or give rise to civil liability, or which is intended for commercial purposes, including without limitation, submitting any material to solicit funds or to promote, advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services. In relation to any dispute about this paragraph, the decision of PSLive shall be final and binding.